What is an Omelett? For this recipe an Omelett is a simple thin pancake with a variety of toppings or fillings.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 400 ml milk
- 50 ml carbonated water (Oma’s secret ingredient)
- 250 g flour
- Butter for frying
- Combine the eggs and milk in a bowl and mix with a fork.
- Add the flour and salt
- Add the splash of carbonated water
- Mix once more with your fork until you get a smooth batter
- You can add chives, lovage, garlic, and parmigiana to this batter for a more savory version.
- Scoop 1 soup ladle of batter into a buttered frying pan. Fry both sides until its done.
- Fill omelette with whatever filling you would like. Serve warm and enjoy!
Other versions of this recipe:
- Serve with applesauce
- Make plain omelets and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon
- Make a plain omelet and put a Canadian twist and add some maple syrup.
- Or give the omelets a prairie twist – add some whipped cream topping and stuff the omelette with saskatoon berries!