Pansit (Filipino-style Noodles)
- 1 package Super Q Golden Bihon Sticks
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ cup sliced onions
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup carrots (cut in strips)
- ¼ cabbage
- 1 cup celery (cut in strips)
- 1 cup green beans (Cut in strips)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 medium chopped green onion (to garnish)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pc chicken leg with back attached
- 5 cups of water OR 4 cups of broth
- Wash chicken and cook in 5 cups of water. Add in the salt and some onion slices, cook for 20 minutes.
- Scoop out the chicken, let cool, and separate the meat from the bones. Put the bones back in the water for a better flavour. Continue boiling for 5 more minutes. Set aside.
- Rinse bihon sticks, drain excess water and set aside.
- Using a wok or a deep saucepan or pot; sautee the remaining onions, garlic, chicken, carrots, cabbage, celery, green beans, salt and pepper and oyster sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes or less. Do not overcook the vegetables. Set aside.
- Using the same wok, pour the broth (from the first step), soy sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, add the bihon, stirring occasionally.
- Turn down the heat, the noodles will absorb the broth. Mix half the vegetable/chicken with the noodles. Cover for 5 minutes.
- Place in dish and top with the remaining vegetable/chicken mix. Garnish with green onions.
- Squeeze a small amount of lemon juice if desired.