Q. What’s new?
A. Folkfest is moving to an online ticketing process for 2022. ePassports for Culture Unites are on sale now, please visit saskatoonfolkfest.com/cultureunites
With an ePassport, patrons will continue to enjoy unlimited admission and bus transportation to and from all Pavilions during the three-day festival.
Q. How do I purchase a Culture Unites Folkfest ePassport?
A. There are three options for purchasing your ePassport.
1) Our recommended option is to purchase your ePassports in advance online at saskatoonfolkfest.com/cultureunites/. Your ePassport QR codes will be sent to your email address immediately after purchase.
When possible, online advance purchases are the simplest way to purchase your ePassport and will help you to avoid line-ups when you arrive at your first Folkest Pavilion.
You can access your ePassport QR codes from your phone, load them to your digital wallet app, or print out the pdf and bring it with you for each day of the festival. Your QR code only needs to be scanned at the first pavilion you arrive at, then you will be given a wristband unique to that day.
2) You can also purchase your ePassports in advance, in-person at the main lobby at Prairieland Park on Thursday, August 18 from noon to 5:00pm.
3) You will also be able to purchase your ePassport at the main Pavilion doors during Folkfest. We are strongly encouraging advance purchases as much as possible to avoid long line ups.
Q. How does the ePassport work?
A. When you purchase your Culture Unites ePassport online, you will be emailed a receipt and a pdf with your ePassport. The pdf will contain three QR codes to scan for entry. One to use for each day of Folkfest.
Q. What does an ePassport cost?
A. Each adult ePassport is $16.50.
Q. Why three QR codes?
A. When you arrive at your first pavilion on Thursday, August 18, your Day 1 QR code will be scanned for entry. A Pavilion volunteer will then give you a wristband. This wristband is unique for Thursday and provides you with unlimited admission and access to the Folkfest Buses. You can then go from pavilion to pavilion, returning as often as you like for Day 1.
On Friday, August 19, and Saturday, August 20 you will go through the same process using the corresponding QR codes. At the first pavilion you visit, your Day 2 or Day 3 QR code will be scanned for entry and you will be provided with the specific wristband for that day.
Q. Do children need an ePassport?
A. Children 12 and under are FREE when accompanied by an adult. Kids can look forward to receiving their own Culture Unites Colouring Book and Passport at the first Pavilion they visit. Be sure to bring along some crayons!
Q. Where are the Pavilions located?
A. 2022 Culture Unites Pavilion Locations are:
Indian & Métis Pavilion – 168 Wall Street Saskatoon Indian Métis Friendship Centre
Bangladesh Pavilion – 503 Ruth St. W – Hall B, WTC Saskatoon at Prairieland Park
India Pavilion – 503 Ruth St. W – Hall B, WTC Saskatoon at Prairieland Park
Pakistan Pavilion – 503 Ruth St. W – Hall C, WTC Saskatoon at Prairieland Park
Philippines Pavilion – 503 Ruth St. W – Hall C, WTC Saskatoon at Prairieland Park
Ukrainian Karpaty Pavilion – 503 Ruth St. W – Hall D, WTC Saskatoon at Prairieland Park
Irish Pavilion – 2002 Arlington Ave. Nutana Curling Club
Cameroon Pavilion – 2010 College Drive Merlis Belsher Place
Japan Pavilion – 2010 College Drive Merlis Belsher Place
Nepal Pavilion – 2010 College Drive Merlis Belsher Place
International Place Pavilion – 2010 College Drive Merlis Belsher Place
Q. How do I transfer/give my ePassport to someone else?
A. To transfer your ePassport QR codes: Click transfer to a friend. Verify via SMS. Select all three QR codes to transfer the entire ePassport (Day 1, 2 & 3.) Enter the email of the person you want to transfer to. Note: An ePassport can only be transferred ONCE. It may not be transferred again by the recipient.
Q. How can I access the Folkfest bus system?
A. Your Folkfest ePassport is all that you need to ride the Folkfest buses for FREE! Show your Culture Unites wristband or let your Transit Operator know that you are headed to a Folkfest Pavilion when you board.
• Service starts 30 minutes prior to opening and ends 30 minutes after closing. All Pavilions receive bus route service approximately every 30 minutes.
• Folkfest Patrons can also board any regular Saskatoon Transit bus after 4 pm on August 18 & 19; and after 12 pm on August 20th.
• Folkfest Downtown Terminal is located on the north side of 23rd Street and serves as the main transfer point for all Folkfest buses.
• The Folkfest bus has stops near the Hilton Garden Inn, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Delta Bessborough and Sheraton Cavalier.
• Park your car at one of the malls and ride to the Downtown Bus terminal to transfer in front of City Hall and ride the Folkfest buses for FREE!