Black Pepper Pork Pastry
- All-purpose flour 500g
- Water 250ml
- Yeast 6g
- Sugar 30g
- Oil/melted butter 20g
- Pastry flour 150g
- Butter 75g
- Ground Pork 750g
- Five Spices 1.5 tsp
- Ground black pepper 3 tsp
- Oyster sauce 3 tbsp
- Sesame oil 3 tbsp
- Soy sauce 5 tbsp
- Green onion 1 bunch
- White Sesame
1. Mix all ingredients for regular dough in the mixer, mix for 10 mins to make the regular
2. Use fingers to crush the butter, and mix well with pastry flour to make the pastry dough;
3. Mix all ingredients for stuffing in the mixer, mix for 5 mins;
4. Finely chop the green onion;
5. Divide the regular dough and pastry dough to 10~15 portions. For each portion, use rolling pin to flat the regular dough, put pastry in the center, fold the flatted dough to wrap the pastry like an envelope. Use roller to flat the wrapped dough into a long strip, roll the strip into a thin roll and let it rest until you finish all the rolls.
6. Use the roller to flat the roll along the long side, roll the flatted sheet again to make the layers multiplied in the pastry. Let it rest until you finish all the rolls.
7. Grab one pastry roll, bend the two ends of the roll to the center, press it and flat it into a big, round and thin sheet. Scoop around 50g-75g pork stuffing and put on the pastry sheet in the center. Put a pinch of chopped green onion on the top. Grab the edge of the sheet and wrap the stuffing. Seal the edge and hide the seal at the bottom.
8. Mix honey and water in a ratio of 1:1, brush the honey water on the top of each pastry, finally sprinkle some white sesame on top before they go into the oven.
9. Set oven to 400F, bake the pastry for 25-30mins.