OverviewFolkfest implemented a Scholarship Program in 2000 to celebrate "New Beginnings – Our Children – Our Future”. The goal is to assist students pursuing post-secondary education. Scholarships are open to current and returning students who are presently or have been involved with a Folkfest pavilion or other cultural organizations. There will be two $500 scholarships available in 2021.
Eligibility RequirementsThe applicant must:
- Be attending a post-secondary institution in the Fall of 2021.
- Have a strong present or past involvement with a Folkfest pavilion or cultural organization.
- Be an active member of a cultural organization and/or have demonstrated a commitment to culture and heritage through volunteer involvement in their school or community.
- Show strength in the areas of leadership, academics, volunteer work and/or extra-curricular activities.
Application ProcedureTo apply, please fill out the application form (by clicking the button below) and submit along with the required supporting documents together by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supporting documents will help to assess your application and must include:
- A copy of recent high school/post-secondary transcripts (1 or 2 years)
- Resume or CV
- A letter of reference attesting to your community and/or multicultural involvement. If the organization is external to Folkfest the letter must include the reference's name and contact email or phone number.
- Cover letter detailing your volunteer experience